• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base A99 Height question

The Sirio 2016 was delivered today and I wasted no time getting it up on the mast. First impression is good. Incoming signals seem cleaner and clearer. Outgoing I’m loud and clear but haven’t hooked up with anyone yet from a decent distance. I made notes of the A99 and Sirio 2016. Getting better SWR with the Sirio. I’ll attach my notes. Again I’m inexperienced so if my notes look odd forgive me but I tested with power up and power down on both to see.

E5A2E3B8-2468-4816-8211-F3AE4D4D679A.jpeg

Reactions: Rwb
The Sirio 2016 was delivered today and I wasted no time getting it up on the mast. First impression is good. Incoming signals seem cleaner and clearer. Outgoing I’m loud and clear but haven’t hooked up with anyone yet from a decent distance. I made notes of the A99 and Sirio 2016. Getting better SWR with the Sirio. I’ll attach my notes. Again I’m inexperienced so if my notes look odd forgive me but I tested with power up and power down on both to see.

View attachment 60237
im very happy with my sirio 2008 also. im thinkin we overlooked great antennas before

I’ve had the Sirio up for just about 3 weeks now and I’m still very happy I took the advice to upgrade. With my antenna being only 14 feet off the ground and 34 feet to the top I’ve had loud and clear conversations with a guy 27.7 miles away. Can’t complain about that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?