• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A99 Imax200 hf recieve

Sure can. They'll work best for rx at 20m and above, but you should still be able to pick up 40/80m, especially the strong stations.

You may need to remove the shield of the coax from the ground at the output terminal on the rig. This will help you to hear better as the antenna and the coax serve as the antenna when this is done.

For you guys from Reolinda, this means simply unscrew the coax connector from the radio and just barly leave the tip in the connector without the shield side do the PL259 toucing the radio.

Just don't forget to put things back right when through.

Marconi,

thanks, i will give it a shot and and see what happens. And remember to put everything back like it was, I forget who I am sometimes :LOL:

Using antennas for just HF receive purposes is much less critical than using them to transmit, so feel free to do this. Even on VHF and UHF receive, it'll work. I used to use a CB ground plane to monitor several freqs in the VHF and UHF public safety bands. and it worked fine for my purposes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.