• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Abbree AR - 780 Baofeng Platform Speaker Mic

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Always wanting decent accessories for the HT's. Have a UV-5R and 2 TIDRadio H6's .... the TID's being on the Baofeng software platform but better radios. I tried the Beaofeng Speaker Mics that you see on the web but they suck. Low audio and muffly. Saw this one and tried. It sounds great !! Loud and Clear audio !! On the H6's is producing more audio than the radios do on their own. Cheap at around $12 on eBay. Have 2 of them now. Very happy s-l1600.jpg

Arbee has a lot of interesting products, some of them look like Baofengs but others unique like the HT with AM airband RX and giant LCD

I agree the Beaofeng Speaker Mics suck. I'll try the Arbee sometime. The BTECH QHM22 is another quality mic to consider. That's what I've been using on my Baofengs and Kenwood HT. They go for around $25. Their new QHM22D model has a separate PTT button for compatibility with UV82 series radios. That extra button allows the user to select between A/B via the microphone.

Reactions: Wire Weasel
Arbee has a lot of interesting products, some of them look like Baofengs but others unique like the HT with AM airband RX and giant LCD
Look at the Youtubes on the Abbree Radios. They do look cool but not performing so well.

That's pretty much all chinese radios. Cheap toys some less bad than others, but not to be trusted when communications are a necessity.

That's pretty much all chinese radios. Cheap toys some less bad than others, but not to be trusted when communications are a necessity.
That may be a bit of an overreach. Sometimes individual units fall short of stated specs .... but they work. I like and trust my TIDRadio H6's and have done a lot of good talking on a UV5R.

That may be a bit of an overreach. Sometimes individual units fall short of stated specs .... but they work. I like and trust my TIDRadio H6's and have done a lot of good talking on a UV5R.
It's why I said "pretty much". I had one CCR that really was not that cheap, my first HT, a mid 2000s vintage $50 Feidaxin FDC-150, looks different than the new FDC 150, and it was heavy, loud and excellent RX on 2m although the bnc antenna broke the 1st month of using it. It had "compartments" milled into the housing for each section of the circuitry. I have been forced to deal with many makes and models of CCR in my trade and compared to Motorola, Kenwood, Standard, and Vertex they are like FRS radios with more buttons. UV5R's are crap as a radio in so many ways but for something cheap to put to the iron they are excellent. I have no hate for CCR's so long as they don't try to pass a cat for a hare and the price is right.

I’m thinking Creedence Clearwater Revival should have patented that acronym a long time ago, but I doubt it would stop Chinese knock-off cover bands from playing their music.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.