• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Adapter for Using 2 CB's with the same antenna

DualAntennas

Oct 6, 2013
Adapter for Using 2 CB's with the same antenna
Does any company make a switch like this for convinance?
Could you homebrew one with the proper soldering skills?
For a CB I want to use outside on nice days and put up in the afternoon

Attachments

• as1001.JPG
    as1001.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 6
  • as100.JPG
    as100.JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 6
  • euroas100.jpg
    euroas100.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 6
Find an antenna switch that switches one radio between two antennas. Then just turn it around hook up two radios and one antenna. there's a 'catch' to that, you want to make very sure only one radio is on at any particular time. There should be quite a bit of 'separation' between the two radios on separate connector into that switch, but you take the chance of transmitting from one radio straight into the other one. The connection not in use should be shorted to ground. Most antenna switches have that ability.
I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm not too sure I typed it so that anyone can understand it. Did I? (It's late, no coffee. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
- 'Doc

Wonder if you could do that with a 3 position switch box using the two outer coax hook ups and not the middle...? Perhaps that would help to keep you from transmitting from one radio into the other one?

A typical antenna switch will work, just hook it up 'backwards'. There definitely are some 'catches' when doing that! If you don't remember to flip that switch then you will have problems. It may not 'burn up' a radio but it's certainly not 'healthy' for it.
One thing that helps is to ground the unused switch positions. That will keep 'most' of the RF out of the 'other' radio but not all of it. The biggy is to remember to flip that switch!
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.