• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Adapter plug for 575M6

airplane1

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 15, 2005
Lebanon county PA
I have a Astatic 575-M6 mic that is new in box. I found it for a good price and could not pass it up. I thought they came without plug on end of it but this one is wired for a Cobra/Uniden 5 pin radio from factory. I dont want to cut the cord or anything and want to know if anyone knows where to get an adapter plug to convert it to RCI 6 pin?

I see adapters for 4pin cobra/uniden but none for 5 pin.

Please help if you know where to get one.

Thanks,
Roger

I've seen what your looking for on Ebay , you can buy a 6 pin plug , you do not need to cut anything other then to take the 5 pinner apart and desolder it from the plug and resolder to a new 6 pin. Most factor Astatic Mic's came in there boxes unplugged , I have seen the ones that they still make come in a plastic packaging with plugs on them as well. I think H&Y and or Copper should have the adaptor you need as well

thanks Switch Kit,

I did what you said and desoldered the wires and resoldered the new 6 pin rci plug I bought.

Not the best solder job but it works.

Roger

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned