1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Add FM Mode to Cobra 29 LTD / Uniden PC-76 / Cobra 25 LTD

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by LeapFrog, Aug 18, 2019.

1. LeapFrog

LeapFrog Wielding Hanlon's Razor

Hello all, I've made an image with install details for Cobra 29 LTD or Uniden PC-76 radios.
    it's for the Spectrum Communications FM 455 Mod/De-Mod PCB
    kit that is used to add F.M. Mode to your A.M. only radio (for Export or HAM use only)

I didn't show in the schematic the 8+ Volts sources that are needed,
    one during receive only (J5) and the other during transmit only (J2).
    If anyone would like to add specific locations for (J2), (J5), feel free to do so.
    All the best.
    cobra_29ltd_FM455.png

#1 LeapFrog, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  2. LeapFrog

LeapFrog Wielding Hanlon's Razor

Here is the cheat sheet for Cobra 25 LTD.

Beware, I did not verify the two voltage rails:
    (J2) TX only 8+ Volts
    (J5) RX Only 8+ Volts
    So double check those as you go along if you're using the image as a "how to".

I hope this is coherent enough for anyone who may need help installing one of these kits.

All the best!

Attached Files:

#2 LeapFrog, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019