• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

adding +10 khz switch to a Connex 4400HP

L

link

A +10 Khz switch added to a Connex 4400Hp. Can it be done? maybe in place of the anl/nb switch?

Not to ask too many stupid questions but
Can the 4-position hi/low band knob be replaced with an 8 position (no hi/low switch) band knob?

Has anyone ever come up with a way to have a very popular channel wired to a switch for a quick way to go back and fourth? Like a 29 LTD's Nor/9/19 switch?

I'm not at the shop to be able to give specific numbers, but the 10khz mod involves installing a toggle switch between 2 wire jumpers near the PLL chip.

The band switch/band knob arrangement should be able to be modified with a single rotary. It will involve mapping the existing wiring and selecting an 8-position rotary switch with 2 sets of break-before-make contacts.

Setting up a switch for a particular channel isn't hard in theory, but a pain in practice. It involves direct programming of the PLL chip via a switch. The programming pins of the PLL chip would need to be isolated, then rerouted to the hard-coded channel address. I've actually been toying with the idea of designing a (somewhat) simple circuit that will give rudimentary favorite-channel memory to alot of different radios. I just havent had time to put any design on paper....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned