• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

adding second final to a 939

I don't think there is a "SSB" version and "non-SSB" version of the RFX75. It's just the driver and final with a bandpass filter. It should work on any radio in the 10-12 meter frequency range, ssb or not.

Again, I'm not speaking of the RFX, I am talking about adding a second final to the radio as the OP inquired. If you would actually read, and not try to sell something, you would see that.

There is an actual mod that involves adding a second final to the radio, not adding some prefabbed circuit to the radio. I inquired about it when I first bought my DX959, and was advised not to have the mod done by a reputable tech.

Again, I'm not speaking of the RFX, I am talking about adding a second final to the radio as the OP inquired. If you would actually read, and not try to sell something, you would see that.

I wasn't addressing you and I wasn't trying to sell anything. I was addressing Cityboy's question about a "SSB version" of the RFX75, which was presented as an option by someone else to achieve what the OP was trying to do instead of adding a second final, which everyone is recommending against.

I know it's very difficult to follow along, but please try. It requires reading everything before typing.

Sorry, make a smart ass comment, get one back...

First of all The Jerk you did not say which modification you were intending to do on your first reply; and I was only giving a very good option to the 2 final mod that would actually give you more power and not suffer on SSB. Moleculo, I had heard that the RFX could make the SSB suffer because of its set-up and had read a few forums that they were coming out with a SSB friendly RFX. Set me straight because it sounds like from what your saying that some people out there might get ripped off in the future if they are not informed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.