• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Adding talk back to a radio

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
I'm interested in adding talk back to my mule, a Midland 77-106. I know it's a matter of soldering a resistor across the PA jack and the EXT SPKR jack.

I just want the talk back to be barely audible over the speaker. In other words, the RX comes thru louder than my voice on TX, over the speaker.

I do not want to have a case of squealing over the airwaves because the talkback is too loud.

And to keep it simple and cheap, I don't want to do a variable talk back; just a fixed talk back.

With that said, I plan to rummage thru Rat Shack's resistors....which one would be the ideal one given my above desires?

Thanks in advance.

just play with the values, if I recall correctly, the closer you get to 0 ohm, the louder it will get.

you can also series in a switch that will kill the talk back if needed.

Variable talk back would be done the same way, however the resistor would be removed and a pot. put in it's place

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.