• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Adding talk to a Galaxy 55HP...

350GA

Oct 14, 2018
Good afternoon everyone. I have been struggling trying to add talkback to my 55HP. I have tried the 55V mod that is listed on CBtricks every way imaginable, and still no luck. After countless Google searches and searching this forum, along with others, I have hit a dead end. The schematics are starting to get blurry due too due to me staring at them for so long. lol

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! 73's

Galaxy 55 Talkback.jpg

This works on FM and SSB too, those radios (DX99 ?) that have it. Higher resistor is lower volume Talkback.

That is for the earlier radio with a TA7222 audio IC which has the audio input pin on Pin 4 and Mute on Pin 5.
For the TDA2003 version of the radio, the audio input pin is Pin 1, where the other end of the resistor should go to, and Mute is on Pin 2. I can't find a board layout on this radio, but the layout should be similar.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thank you so much for that! My 3600-15C chassis has the TDA2003 audio chip, but I was able to use the standard "talkback mod" to get the volume where I wanted it.

Thanks again sir! 73's

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.