• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Adjust AM Freq. Component Inside Radio - Help / Galaxy DX55V

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Trying to adjust radio for a friend. Galaxy DX55V single final / Rig has (had) clarifier but that was locked off and the knob-slot was replaced with echo.

This is an AM/FM rig with freq. counter. Rig has drifted down to .xx4 confirmed with an external freq. counter. Seeking the VR inside to Adjust AM Frequency. Want to get it set back up to .xx5

Full alignment procedure on cbtricks but it doesn't mention in plain english ;) how to adjust AM freq. Maybe it is one of the adjusters within the PLL/VCO alignment part but I am not skilled enough to get that part out of it as described.

Anyone here know the adjustment needed for this board OR can a Tech take a look at the info given on cbtricks and see if you can determine for certain what I need to do based on their info?

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx55v/index.htm

Thanks for any help !!

surprised to see that you haven't gotten any responses on this one yet.

the answer is that the radio uses two reference signals, and one offset adjustment in order to create the 27mhz output frequency.

set the radio for channel 1 on the CB band. 26.9650 mhz.

how did they get this freq? 10.2400mhz crystal oscillator + 16.2700mhz PLL offset + .455mhz ceramic filter = 26.9650mhz.

so, after you have checked the 10.240mhz oscillator and confirmed that it is within spec (this is step 1 of the alignment on cbtricks) you set the PLL offset by connecting your freq counter to TP3, and adjusting L20 until it reads 16.2700mhz on channel 1.

This is just for the receiver.

for the transmit, after doing all of the above; connect your freq counter to the bare lead of R151, key the mic (mic gain all the way down!) and adjust L26 for 10.695mhz.
16.2700 + 10.6950 = 26.9650
thats it!

af you want, after all is said and done, you can connect your freq counter to the antenna jack, and adjust L26 for 26.965 on transmit on channel 1.

WARNING!!!!
remove the foil board from the driver and final area before connecting freq counter to the antenna jack. this will make sure you dont blow out your counter on TX.

hope this helps
LC

Last edited:
no problem WW. glad to help.

I wanted to mention that i just edited the above post, only because i had a statement in there that told you to connect your freq counter to the antenna jack , and measure the receive frequency, and we all know that when the freq counter is connected to the antenna jack, it will not read anything until you key the mic.

just do the tuning the way it's posted above and you'll be all good.
later.
LC

Reactions: Wire Weasel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.