• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Aftermarket bird peak kit cap for switches and LED

Apr 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
I ran across this while perusing Ebay last week and it was exactly what I needed.

The 1x/2x/5x peak kits are popular for a couple of reasons...they only require 1 9v battery compared to the Bird peak kits 2, and they have the multiplier that comes in really handy and cuts down on the number of expensive elements (slugs) that you need to buy. The big issue that I have always had with mine is the fact that there is no good way to mount the switches to the meter body without either drilling holes, or gluing the board the switches and LED are on to the case. Neither of these were an option that I wanted to entertain, so my switches were hanging loose for years.

This cap solves that issue. Took me all of about 10 minutes to install it, and the fit is really nice. The only thing that I wasn't sure about until I tried to install it was whether or not the switches and LED needed to be removed from the board prior to installation of the cap. They do.

Video of the install.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.