• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AL-811 meter lights

RatsoW8

Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T
Nov 3, 2009
West Central Michigan
I had one go out so I replaced both with a 12v LED SMT strip light. I known it's blue but look s really nice.

DSCN0693_zpswc3i5v67.jpg

are they blue LEDs? I used RGB's in my madison and 142 and they are white though adjustable if I wanted to wire them up that way.
been over a year with no problems.

Yes, blue suface mount led strips. I just peeled off the 3m backing and stuck the strip under the case edge. It fit like it was made for it.

I'm thinking the new replacement bulbs from MFJ are LED. My buddy's AL80B came with them, whereas mine has the old incandescent ones. Mine glow kind of yellow, and his are a bright white. I like the way yours look on your 811 though. Sometimes the white ones are so white they actually look blue. If that makes any sense!

Brett

I wasn't sure how the strip would work but since I didn't have two regular white LED singles around I tried it and it works great. Nice and bright but not too bright and the color makes the meter needles glow and pop out more which isn't that apparent in the picture.. I have more of these strips in red, white and orange. Bought them off eBay for different projects.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2RT307
I wasn't sure how the strip would work but since I didn't have two regular white LED singles around I tried it and it works great. Nice and bright but not too bright and the color makes the meter needles glow and pop out more which isn't that apparent in the picture.. I have more of these strips in red, white and orange. Bought them off eBay for different projects.

I used to have a link to a pinball web site, and they had bayonet style bulbs with LED's. I put some in my old Drakes, and they actually look better than the high dollar ones you see advertised on the net. They were CHEAP, too!

Brett

Reactions: RatsoW8
What type of 12v LED bulbs are these? I did a quick search for 12v LED SMT strip light bulbs. All I found were 12v LED light strips for home use. Kind of like an LED version of the rope lighting that was popular for home accent lighting back in the early 2000’s. Do they come in other colors other then blue?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated