• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alinco DX-SR8

Do you know if the separation cable is regular CAT5 internet cable?

Yes, it sure is.

Most regular cat5 is solid wire and might give problems in a mobile environment. The oem cable is stranded with molded ends, but is pricey. It would be more durable though.

With that unsolicited advice, I would still use cat5.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll need to figure how I can mount the face now. (Limited to mobile right now.) What were you thoughts on the radio? Pros and cons? Any tricks to know? Thanks.

I liked it overall...

Only gripes were no drag setting and quick tuning steps. The weighted VFO knob is sloppy with a lot of play. Has a weak plastic encoder shaft that flexes.

Other than that, it had a decent receiver with potent audio, plus it's cheap.

Becareful with that rig ;) The servicability is horrible on those. Jim at Burghardt Amateur Radio Repair told me he had recently repaired one for a guy and it took 6 months for the parts to arrive for the repair :blink::eek::unsure::eek:

M42 is spot on with the idea or advice on programming the memory banks. Those memories are your bestfriend on alot of these rigs reguarless of the tuning step capabilities.

Does a LDG tuner mate well with this radio? like an AUTO tuner not one of those universal expencive ones,, it looks like it has that plastic 4 pin plug on the back same as the ic 7000 or 706 port...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.