• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Alliance HD-73 Refresh

That's okay. It's done and there if you need it.
I have three of them in various states of disrepair still. I got all the parts together just the other day. I am retired now so not much excuse! I forgot about this thread until I just saw it now!

Thanks for bumping it up!

Reactions: 357
I had one many years ago & I had Norm's Rotor Service rebuild & service it.He did the job in Trade for an Extra control box that I owned.A local friend still uses it today & it still works well.I went to a YAESU G-800SDX in place of the HD-73 & love it.

SIX-SHOOTER

Now the pain in the ass part.
The potentiometer for the dirction needle needs to be alligned.
When you line the notch in the gear ring, the pot needs to be all the way to the left or right to where it stops, then spin the motor gears by hand and while rocking the "pot" gear, keep checking for slack in it and rotate the ring gear so the slot lines up with the outside the the stop lever, lift the ring gear and rotate the pot gear so that its all the way full stop, then wire the rotor to the control box and start turning back the other way from where the full stop was on the pot. Keep going from the S all the way 360 to the other S on the control box.
Slide the stop lever to the other full stop position and slowly inch the slot back to the tit, while rocking the pot gear to make sure it doesn't come to the end of its travel.

It should line up again with the slot and the center of the stop lever, you get about a "tooth" of overshoot on the pot on each full rotation left then right, if you dont you got to lift the side of the ring gear and position the pot gear to give 1 tooth of overshoot.

When you have gone full rotation both ways a few times and the needle is lining up and the pot gear isnt binding, put the to cover on.

View attachment 23212 View attachment 23213 View attachment 23214 View attachment 23215 View attachment 23216
View attachment 23217 View attachment 23218 View attachment 23219 View attachment 23220 View attachment 23221

Thank you very much for all of this! I was able to rebuild and reassemble my HD73 thanks to your outstanding directions.

Reactions: 357 and RT431

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.