• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alpha Delta DX-LB-Plus Multiband Dipole

Ranch55

Jan 18, 2016
Fredericksburg, Texas
I'm gonna put this antenna up today and give it a try.
It was given to me by another HAM because he moved and did not have the space to install in his new location.
Inverted V installation with the apex at about 40' and the ends at about 15' ....... tied off with Mastrant rope.
We'll see.
I do have a Palstar AT2K tuner to use with this wire dipole.

Well h@#ll, things didn't work out today as planned.
Perfect plans are great until first contact, then...............
I'll try again Monday. Looks like my apex at the V is gonna be about 30 feet to start with.

Reactions: S&W357
I have the DX-CC and have used it for a very long time. My only complaint is that I wish the 80m load coils could handle more power. But that's a minor complaint.

Got the LB-Plus up and going.
Works good on all bands.
Analyzer shows I will need to do some wire length adjustments to move the resonant frequencies.
20 meter resonant frequency is out of band at 13.995 ........

Got the LB-Plus up and going.
Works good on all bands.
Analyzer shows I will need to do some wire length adjustments to move the resonant frequencies.
20 meter resonant frequency is out of band at 13.995 ........

Yes, it's normal to have to fool around with them a bit to get them where you want them. Just shorten the elements by folding a little more wire back onto itself.

Reactions: Ranch55
Most generally from my experience, those antennas are factory cut at lowest part of the bands. They are cut to be resonate in the CW sections.
Thus, way long for the General Class phone bands.
All the Best
Gary

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated