• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alternators???

two yellow tops in the trunk and a PAC isolator might probably do the trick
i use to pump 3k watts into a stereo for hours on a stock '05 civic alternator

3000 watt stereo in a Honda Civic? You had better start learning sign language or lip reading. :laugh:

3000 watt stereo in a Honda Civic? You had better start learning sign language or lip reading. :laugh:

that's what a lot of people have said :) was a while ago and no worse for wear
....what i've found actually is when you have all that power and don't use so it's rattling your nuts, the things you actually hear on cds is incredible. I was more SQ than SPL but for the car shows etc ya had to rattle the crowd

Rattle the crowd? Most of the cars I've seen/had the displeasure of hearing were rattling their own windows, hatchbacks, doors, etc.

With RF they'd call that "spurious emissions"...:whistling:

that's what a lot of people have said :) was a while ago and no worse for wear
....what i've found actually is when you have all that power and don't use so it's rattling your nuts, the things you actually hear on cds is incredible. I was more SQ than SPL but for the car shows etc ya had to rattle the crowd

I would agree with that. I remember a Hyundai hatchback in front of me at a traffic light was rattling so bad I could see the hatchback actually rising and falling 1/2 an inch.

I had a stock 60amp civic alt rewound to 150amps. Works Great but is a little expensive at $250. Also use a sp680 stinger cap for a little extra help. Runs all the extra componets to their potential.

Audi High Output Alternators | PowerBastards.com

start here and try it

are we talking about a cb amplifier or a little car stereo amplifier
if we are then its 2 different worlds

I see they install an over drive pulley on all alternators free which gives the alternator the ability to produce full output at 1500 rpm and wondered how fast it would be spinning at highway speeds, say 3000 rpm? oh my!:drool:

I see they install an over drive pulley on all alternators free which gives the alternator the ability to produce full output at 1500 rpm and wondered how fast it would be spinning at highway speeds, say 3000 rpm? oh my!:drool:

We of the Mustang crowd, use unerdrive pulleys to free up some power by slowing down the alternator, and other accesories.
I wonder what the added drag of the alternator and the extra load of amp as big as yours, is going to do to your driveabilty and mileage? It may be good for car shows, but not the street. Not to flame you, but is your car really that unique?

We of the Mustang crowd, use unerdrive pulleys to free up some power by slowing down the alternator, and other accesories.
I wonder what the added drag of the alternator and the extra load of amp as big as yours, is going to do to your driveabilty and mileage? It may be good for car shows, but not the street. Not to flame you, but is your car really that unique?

Underdrive pulleys have very little practical effect on mileage and driveability.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.