1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Aluminum antenna ground radials

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by 455monte, May 25, 2021.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

455monte,

Fluorescent light fixtures nearby in your shop?? Can be horrible noise generators.
    As Sp5it posted, your Rf choke should be connected at your antenna feedpoint. A good choke may help your noise floor but I'd bet not or very little. Noise could be coming from many sources in your home or from nearby neighbors. Also, vertically polarized antennas tend to pick up more ambient noise. Good luck, can be a real bitch to cure sometimes.

2. 455monte

455monte Member

Hi crawdad
    Last wkend i moved the antenna up 15 feet higher. It helped drop the noise level 1 s point. I did it for better rx and tx but the noise reduction was an added bonus!

S&W357, Slowmover and Crawdad like this.
  3. Crawdad

Sounds like you have it whipped. Enjoy!

S&W357 and Slowmover like this.
  4. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

See what happens when you step up to Budweiser in that bowl of Saturday-morning Wheaties!

S&W357 and Crawdad like this.
  5. Crawdad

I do Special K and Guinness on antenna Saturdays

Slowmover likes this.