• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AMC limiter location on Galaxy 929

roadrage

When I first got into the hobby a few years ago, I started with a used Uniden 76 ltw that I bought on ebay. I instantly fell in love with radios and needed a new one for Christmas from my wife. I did some googling and found a shop in Texas. That is when I first saw the peak and tune option. To a newbie it sounded like it was the thing to do. I bought it for my wife to give me as my present. Now that I am balls deep into radios, I often wonder what kind of tune they do down there at that shop. It does sound clean on the air but the mod meter seems to like the mic gain set about 12 oclock for %100mod. I want to know if the AMC circuit was left intactor not. I don't think so, but I want to see before I pay the shipping to have it fixed. Can someone post a picture with an indicator as to what I'm looking for as far as a clipped limiter? If it is disabled, I will have to send it out. If it is intact, then I'll leave it alone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.