• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amp spec questions.

Just like car stereo amps. I always look at the distortion figures at stated power ratings.

That is something else that has become insanely rated. Several young guys at work were talking one day about their car stereo amps. Several of them claimed to have 600 or 1000 watt amps etc. I asked what size fuses they were using. The replies were basically what the amps came with 20 or 30 amp fuses. :headbang

There was just no way in hell I could convince them that their precious amps were in no way actually putting out what they thought they were despite quoting all the Ohms Law facts I could etc. After all the manufacturer said they were 1000 watt amps so they HAD to 1000 watt amps and WTF did I know about car stereo amps. I only spent 22 years in commercial broadcasting and knew NOTHING about amps etc. and that I should stop criticizing something I knew nothing about. That really burned me :censored: and I just smiled and said "Thanks for the entertainment guys. BTW it's nice to know I don't have much in the way of competition when it comes to testing for job position applications within the company." They all tend to be math or spatial awareness heavy. :laugh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.