• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

An Intresting Idea, what do you think about this mobile setup???

Basically I am. Im just using the heat sink, PCB's and transistors. Also there thermal on off for the fans.

But Im installing a keying circuit for use with HF transcievers and am thinking about auto band switching through the data in the radio, but more than likely, just a remote swicth to power onboard relays.

I plan on getting and running a TS 480 as I hear they are the best for AM in ham radio mobiles and VERY good at everything else as well. i still want to use it on CB though.

If you decide to go forward with this, please take pics and post the project, letting us know how it turns out.

Are you saying they make a filter for in band IMD or that the ALS will have less IMD than the TS amp?

I meant that the Ameritron amp will have less IMD than the TS.

Also the TS will have MUCH more gain on the lower bands than the higher ones. The Ameritron amp will have a more even gain figure across the bands.

To keep the gain stable across all bands, I planned to pad either the input or output of the input filter network according to the drive required for that freq. That way 100 watts input will achieve full output on all bands regardless.

Mole, I will take pics along the way.... Ill start by building the output filters first.

Found the schematic for my filter and combiner network!!!!!!!! Maybe I will just buy the board!!! Wonder how much $ ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio