• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

And a Warning from FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by C W Morse
HORSE HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!! IF people who have NO business planting their butts on frequencies where they have NO business would STAY on 11 Meters, NObody would care. It's not about being ON 11 Meters, it's about the filchers on 10 Meters! THAT's what started it all!:angry: Keep the interlopers OFF 10M, you'd never have heard a word from the hams.

CWM

Last post on this subject. Go BACK and read the above where I said. "IF people who have NO business planting their butts on frequencies ..........would STAY on 11 Meters, NO-body would CARE!" It's NOT about being on 11 Meters. The whole thing (export radios, their splattering amps) got started because of ******** on 10 Meters! Keep the interlopers OFF 10M, you'd not hear a word from the hams. Honestly, most hams, the intelligent ones anyway, could not CARE less what CBers, (yours truly included) do on 11 Meters! To those who find electronics fascinating, antenna theory enlightening, building a project and having it WORK, the antics of CB is boring, unrewarding and less than mentally stimulating. I never listen to it except to find which lane to get in! I almost never transmit. If I DO, it's for information, and it is in PLAIN english with none of the silly jargon, fake hick accent, and infantile phrases. Except for that use, I find NO time for CB and it does NOT amuse me! AND I USE a LEGAL, FCC-certified CB radio with 4 watts, BTW!!!

If I hear some unlicensed 2-digit IQ clown on 10 meters, THEN it becomes of interest to ME :angry: Down with clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: :D

We can put this to bed now. You know what I think, I know what you think. NO need for further argument.

CWM

Your right time to put this thread to rest as you have shown everyone how HAM's look at 11 meter hobbyist's.

"I almost never transmit. If I DO, it's for information, and it is in PLAIN english with none of the silly jargon, fake hick accent, and infantile phrases. Except for that use, I find NO time for CB and it does NOT amuse me! AND I USE a LEGAL, FCC-certified CB radio with 4 watts, BTW!!!

If I hear some unlicensed 2-digit IQ clown on 10 meters, THEN it becomes of interest to ME :angry: Down with clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: :D"

Thank you for helping me prove a point, enjoy the hobby as viewed through your eyes.

"To those who find electronics fascinating, antenna theory enlightening, building a project and having it WORK"

Because you are right it is fascinating to do something that anyone over 14 years old that can read and do math can enjoy.

So until the next "CB'er gets nailed" thread, enjoy your hobby as I will mine.

We're not putting this to bed just yet.

I have a good friend who lives near Chicago. He's been into CB's for years. He also has his ham license. But at heart he's a CB man. He's commented many times to me how the guys on the CB are more friendly and not nearly as stuck on themselves as the ham operators are. And I think we can all pretty much agree on that. Ham operators just think they are better than CB operators for the major part.

His CB's are legal, 4 watts AM, 12 watts SSB. And he's never used them for 10 meters. Doesn't have too, he's got other radios for that.

The last couple weeks while the skip conditions have been great for the CB guys to have some fun he has been trying to make some contacts on 38 LSB. That's a popular DX station. The problem has been every time he or other local CB operators have tried to make a DX contact with their CB radios, a group of local ham operators jump in and cut off his receive and start jamming up the channel using what he says is 100 to 500 watts. (Illegal on 38 SSB) And they are doing this on purpose. He's asked them for the channel and they just laugh at him. Now these are the same Ham operators he listens to and sometimes talk to on his ham radio! (No wonder he likes CB better)

So C.W. before you go preaching your ham superiority BS just know that there are a lot of ham operators who aren't so damn squeaky clean either and that most CB operators won't turn them in. They are better than that. And also know that yes, contrary to a ham operators believe, their stuff can stink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.