• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

And a Warning from FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like C W are the reason 11 meter hobbyist hate HAM operators. The majority of 11 meter users do not use 10 meters and most are only running small amplifiers to help their transmitting distance due to an outdated and ridiculous ruling from the FCC.

But one day these people like C W will turn in the wrong person, and they will get a rude awaking as to what happens to cry babies.

outdated and ridiculous ruling from the FCC. quote]

That "ruling" has been Federal law, passed by Congress and not the FCC, for quite a number of years. The "11 meter hobbyist" knew the rules going in, and doesn't need any sort of an amplifier.

Maybe the majority of CBers who don't hold Amateur licenses do stay off 10 meters. However, there are those who don't. They're operating illegally, and any ham is within his rights to report it.

Yes Beetle Hams should Report Anyone infringing in their Bands. Do they have to Gloat and Brag about it as C.W.
I run a Small Amp and have Three Hams within 3 Blocks, one right next door. No Complaints or anything about My Setup. Neighbor Ham next door would let Me know if i was causing Interference, and help Me correct it! Perhaps they don't care because i run Clean. Just glad C.W. dont live close !
I have an Astroplane 50 Feet up, so they have to Know i do C.B.

"Do they have to Gloat and Brag about it..." - Sorry, where's the gloating and bragging, I don't see it. If anything, the original post only shows how 'stoopid' some people can be. Or, just how smart they can be too. He knew he was caught, so why not just admit it and take what you have coming? Sometimes it's the easiest way out of a mess.

Oh ain't it awful that he got turned in for doing something he knew he shouldn't do! Hmm. Something just doesn't sound 'right' about that, does it. The 'awful' part is that he did something he knew he shouldn't do, not that he got turned in for doing it. Doesn't matter if it's you, that guy over there, or me. It still isn't right. The only thing about Citizen Band Radio that's changed in something like 40-50 years is the requirement for an FCC issued license. Don't like a particular rule? Okay, get it changed. Don't just 'break' it, that's very 'non-productive' (nice way of saying silly or 'stoopid'). Rather not go to the trouble of getting it changed? Okay, but you gotta live with the consequences. Doesn't much matter if it's about amplifiers, speeding, or lying on your income tax (who me??).
If that makes me one of those "gloating/bragging' hams, well, sorry 'bout that...
- 'Doc

I don't gloat or take pleasure in anyone getting busted by the FCC but, if you are continually causing known interference or purposely jamming frequencies with music or long keydowns AND the complaintants have already spoken to you many times prior, then maybe a complaint to the FCC is in order. Yes, I have my license and yes I have had many, many export radios, amps and have even caused interference to neighbors without caring so, I was no better than any of those other guys. I do however care now and this is just me. People will be people. They are going to do what they know is wrong but, just remember to be curtious to the neighbors, buy filters for thier equipment do all you can do to prevent this and most times they will be cool with it. You may go a life time with out getting complaints, just don't be surprised if it happens.

This Guy was in the wrong no way to run a Station. My comment was not just about this Post but all of C.W's Post on this Subject. Yes, He Gloats and Brags about this Subject.
He seems Obsessed about this Problem. Maybe He uses it to get the Warm Fuzzy feeling between His Legs!
Doug

Warm and fuzzy feeling that's funny. I guess you think he has another hobbie besides radio.
W5LZ go back and re read some of the many posts by CW and you cannot really say he does not gloat even a little bit. And if you have followed his exploits on other sites as radio ray and his other handles you would know what people are talking about. this is a long standing thing between him and cbers. he just plain cannot get over the fact that 11 meters is not a ham band. oh well.

Last edited:
Warm and fuzzy feeling that's funny. I guess you think he has another hobbie besides radio.
W5LZ go back and re read some of the many posts by CW and you cannot really say he does not gloat even a little bit. And if you have followed his exploits on other sites as radio ray and his other handles you would know what people are talking about. this is a long standing thing between him and cbers. he just plain cannot get over the fact that 11 meters is not a ham band. oh well.

Bingo! My comments had nothing to do with the person who was actually reported in the OP. It was more of a general post concerning HAM's that make it their life mission to ruin a radio hobby for others that do not want to use any other band but 11 meters.

Bingo! My comments had nothing to do with the person who was actually reported in the OP. It was more of a general post concerning HAM's that make it their life mission to ruin a radio hobby for others that do not want to use any other band but 11 meters.

HORSE HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!! IF people who have NO business planting their butts on frequencies where they have NO business would STAY on 11 Meters, NObody would care. It's not about being ON 11 Meters, it's about the filchers on 10 Meters! THAT's what started it all!:angry: Keep the interlopers OFF 10M, you'd never have heard a word from the hams.

CWM

HORSE HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!! IF people who have NO business planting their butts on frequencies where they have NO business would STAY on 11 Meters, NObody would care. It's not about being ON 11 Meters, it's about the filchers on 10 Meters! THAT's what started it all!:angry: Keep the interlopers OFF 10M, you'd never have heard a word from the hams.

CWM

Funny you say that because around here we have plenty of HAM's who get bored because no one wants to talk to them on their freq's. So they come down to 11 meter and start harassing people on 11 meters as soon as they hear echo or a roger beep, or a very strong signal. They accuse people of operating illegally and threaten to contact the FCC and so on.

While yes people running amps, or echo, or 10 meter converted radio's are operating illegally they were not bothering those HAM's. But yet they come to our band on their 10 meter radio's (illegally) to inform us of our legality issues.:rolleyes:

I also seem to remember "Radio Ray", informing many people on other forums in the past of the severe legal ramifications of 11 meter operators using such equipment. Perhaps you do not partake in the activity's that the HAM's around here do, but I certainly would not put it past you. That goes for a large majority of HAM's out there as well.

Thus the never ending battle between CB'ers and HAM's. Both commit wrongs but normally only one side cries to uncle Charlie.

1. Wanna end that so called "never ending battle"? Easy, don't participate. Simple as that.

2. I can't remember an argument that has only one side. The 'other' side may not seem very meaningful or whatever, but it is to that 'side', right/wrong/indifferent.
3. This is turning into one of those 'personal' things and I try not to play that sort of game, never a 'winner', only 'losers'. (see #1)

- 'Doc

1. Wanna end that so called "never ending battle"? Easy, don't participate. Simple as that.

2. I can't remember an argument that has only one side. The 'other' side may not seem very meaningful or whatever, but it is to that 'side', right/wrong/indifferent.
3. This is turning into one of those 'personal' things and I try not to play that sort of game, never a 'winner', only 'losers'. (see #1)

- 'Doc

Now there's words of wisdom for ya. (y)

- 'Doc

It's not personal as it involves many CB'ers and HAM's, and yes there is two sides to every story even this one.

I'm only responding to something that is brought up over and over and over again by the same person on several forums. I mean after all discussion forums are for just that....discussion. So I am discussing my point of view with other members of the board here, hence the discussion.

Funny you say that because

Thus the never ending battle between CB'ers and HAM's. Both commit wrongs but normally only one side cries to uncle Charlie.

And you believe there is some sort of "virtue" in that? Some recommendation of "honor" in it; the fact that between the two radio genres that ONE group in its web forums extolls the virtues of "extree" channels, how to get "all them thar freeband channels", how to boost RF power far beyond that allowed, how to set up a "10 Meter" radio to operate on CB frequencies (and also have "bands" of them channels outside CB), how to snip and clip the radios for 300 per cent mod-ju-la-shun? And we mustn't TELL! .......................MAYBE because all that stuff is AGAINST THE LAW?

The hams "police" themselves and the bands are cleaner and more usable as a result.

CWM

And you believe there is some sort of "virtue" in that? Some recommendation of "honor" in it; the fact that between the two radio genres that ONE group in its web forums extolls the virtues of "extree" channels, how to get "all them thar freeband channels", how to boost RF power far beyond that allowed, how to set up a "10 Meter" radio to operate on CB frequencies (and also have "bands" of them channels outside CB), how to snip and clip the radios for 300 per cent mod-ju-la-shun? And we mustn't TELL! .......................MAYBE because all that stuff is AGAINST THE LAW?

The hams "police" themselves and the bands are cleaner and more usable as a result.

CWM

But who do you hear crying about what goes on down on 11 metters. That's right it's the HAM's because they have nothing better to do, when their frequency isn't open. So they get on the internet and bash CB guys on the forums, and talk on 11 meters looking for people who are breaking the "laws".

So in short the HAM's should stick to policing themselves and not worry about what the 11 meters guys are doing. Unless of course they are on your frequency's then you have every right to do what you have to do.

But if you look at the reports from the FCC, there is only a very small number of CB'ers that are actually hit with fines. If you compare it to the number of operators out there it is stupid to even try to make these few examples you post seem important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.