• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anderson connectors

cool thanks guys ordering em up. i hate using fry's quick disconnects. + going from 4 gauge wire to 8 gauge is stupid. now just need to figure out how to put 4 gauge wire pigtail off this four peel.

Builder usually use #6 on a four pill but 8 is still good, just clamp your anderson terminals in a vise and with a small propane torch heat each terminal separately then fill 3/4 full with your 60/40 solder then simply insert the bare end of each cable in and hold until the solder has set, shouldn't take more than ten seconds.

On my amps I use arc welding cable connectors. 250, 350, or 500 amp capacity. Up to #0 cable. I use arc welding cable too, 'cause its got tough insulation and is really flexible. Less than $15.00 a set.

all i have is this clear red and green 4 gauge thousand strand wire. it works doesn't get hot..... :) i would use welding wire but never did find it. anywho wire installation is perm. and is never moving. but i do like those connectors you posted a pic of @ unit_399 are they twist and lock?

I think most people would reach the same conclusion that I did, those 'Anderson Power Poles' are just really nice connectors. They are becoming the 'standard' connector for several services for a very good reason. They work, they aren't that difficult to put on (after you mess one or two up), and they can certainly simplify things, come in different colors.
Welding cable. I like using that stuff too. One 'large' cable to supply a 'supply point'/connector panel inside the vehicle. Best place I've found for finding that cable is a welding supply store. There are two here in town, so not that difficult.
'Powerwerxs' and others have lines of connector points in several styles, various number of connections, shapes, etc. I used one in a pickup, connected all the various accessories to it. (Present car and radio with remote heads don't need that particular way of doing things, so I haven't done it yet, still might thought.) If you're sort of 'handy', and if you take a look at how those 'connector points' are made, they wouldn't be all that difficult to custom make your own. I think the whole idea is as handy as a pocket on a shirt! 'Course, not all shirts have pockets... Oh well.
- 'Doc

(Those 'Power Poles' aren't just for power lines! If you need a simple, effective, color coded, means of connecting almost anything electrical, they should work just dandy.)

I had to go to the next size up to fit 2ga. i had to go to 2ga brfore the tx500 lights stopped dimming at 640w pep

Mine is a rebuilt 13.8V 165A now doing 235A & 14.4V after the rebiuld and i did the big3 plus im running 2ga directly from the alt to a 2nd absorbed glass mat backup battery good for about 2400A at real low impedence

Mine is a rebuilt 13.8V 165A now doing 235A & 14.4V after the rebiuld and i did the big3 plus im running 2ga directly from the alt to a 2nd absorbed glass mat backup battery good for about 2400A at real low impedence

That's fine if you're trying to start a lawn mower.

Either get a regular lead/acid or gel battery.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned