• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another 102 Whip Questions

ctvanover

N/A
May 22, 2005
Archdale, NC 27263
I drive an 2000 Peterbilt with the 73" uni-sleeper on it. I was thinking of mounting a 102" whip on one of the grab handles mounted on back of the sleeper. Since the sleeper is made of mostly aluminum I know that I have to run a ground wire from the frame up to the antenna bracket. Now here are my questions,

1. Do I have to use a spring on the bottom of the whip, it'll already be mounted about 6" away from the sleeper and probably 2' to 3' up off the deck plate or frame.

2. Would longer coax hurt or help with swr's, because I don't think the 18' coax will be long enough to go from the antenna to the radio.

3. It'll be mounted about 6" away from the sleeper and about 4' to 6' away from the trailer. Will putting this whip between the truck and trailer hurt my swr's? I plan on putting either a plastic or rubber hose down over the antenna to keep it from hitting the back of the sleeper or would a rubber ball be OK?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.