• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another Amp Builder?

i can't imagine he has time to build amps. must be someone building them for him.

I do like how Les tells us all that "there is no aspirin in this amp, only transistors", but doesn't say a word about what those two driver 'transistors' are doing to the set of four.
I know for a fact that he knows what's going on there.
LC

Reactions: wavrider
He may very well but looks like he’s fixing to file that tad of knowledge into the “idgaf” container and start making that dolla. Haha.

I’ve expected to see a lot in my time but not this. Not that I hold him in some high regard but still, this just wasn’t expected from him.

You know Les still has Issue 30 of the Secret CB books in his files somewhere right?

Not that there would be much relevant info in there, but i would still like to see it.
LC

Reactions: NZ8N
Being the young whippersnapper that I am, I am unaware of such reading material. That and the fact that I've spent my life trying to take over the universe, I've apparently missed a few things...

Explain this issue 30...

Derailing my own thread... I also have Master Mods 1-7 and something called Hot Iron?? Come to think of it, I have a lot of crap that I guess I should dump somewhere and share, never know what I have that maybe someone doesn't...

Hornet Goldline HG64
64-HG2879's, 6400 watts RMS, 16,000 watts Peak, 1250 Amps @15volts.

I don't know, this may slightly exceed the FCC limits for power output on 10 meters.

yeah 1-29 got published by Selman Enterprises, and Les was the editor for the last few issues.
Then i believe that Doris Selman died and the company with her. Les had issue 30 ready to print but never got the chance.
sure wish he would share it but who knows, it could be on some old compaq presario in his basement collecting dust.
LC

Hornet Goldline HG64
64-HG2879's, 6400 watts RMS, 16,000 watts Peak, 1250 Amps @15volts.

I don't know, this may slightly exceed the FCC limits for power output on 10 meters.

Only by a few watts, nothing to be concerned about too much...

yeah 1-29 got published by Selman Enterprises, and Les was the editor for the last few issues.
Then i believe that Doris Selman died and the company with her. Les had issue 30 ready to print but never got the chance.
sure wish he would share it but who knows, it could be on some old compaq presario in his basement collecting dust.
LC

OK, seems like I've seen that somewhere else, I thought you were yanking my chain. You could ask him but I bet you'd get a fat NO or he doesn't have it anymore... something like that.

Reactions: loosecannon
Les be sayin " THATS MY COPY N IM STICKIN TO IT SUCKAS"

You have to be careful because the FCC has a way to get you.
Technically you cannot even ship these amps.

They put it in their letters:
Section 302(b) of the Act provides that “[n]o person shall manufacture, import, sell, offer for sale, or ship devices or home electronic equipment and systems, or use devices, which fail to comply with regulations promulgated pursuant to this section.”

FCC as a rule doesn't care, but I can see the other amp assemblers turning him in to protect their turf.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.