• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another ebay find...

jessejamesdallas

Apr 4, 2005
Republic of Texas
Not sure about this seller...or what these guys are smoking that are doing all the bidding, but the radio does look nice! One of the nicest 148's I think I ever seen...

His disclaimer makes it sound like the radio may or may-not have everything done to it, that he says...Could just be a old 148 with a custom made face plate sticker, and if you buy it, your stuck!

All Modifications and Customizations are Guaranteed to be Exactly as Described in this Listing, However, due to the age of the Radio, the Nature of Electronics and a few dishonest people, this Radio is sold AS IS, No Returns. Radio will Not be DOA.

Custom Cobra 148 GTL CB Radio Loaded Must See Cobra 2000 Galaxy Uniden Grant XL | eBay

Last edited:

Not sure about this seller...or what these guys are smoking that are doing all the bidding, but the radio does look nice! One of the nicest 148's I think I ever seen...

His disclaimer makes it sound like the radio may or may-not have everything done to it, that he says...Could just be a old 148 with a custom made face plate sticker, and if you buy it, your stuck!

Custom Cobra 148 GTL CB Radio Loaded Must See Cobra 2000 Galaxy Uniden Grant XL | eBay
Good feedback, high sales volume, seems real. More than I would pay for it. I did like the trusty 148 back in the day.

nice looking radio .
hi-fi receive mod?why bother?

i see one thing i dont care for ...he soldered directly to the mixing crystal ,that means he heated it up enough to flow solder on it .
why would you?
looks nice but i would never throw my money at such a radio .

That's the part that sent the Red Flag up for me...Plus looking at some of the stuff he has sold in the past, not allot of radios...quiet a few radio power cords tho.

What throws up red flags is the fact that these radios are loud as hell and receive excellent with a SIMPLE tuneup. I noticed a chrome case screw mod was done.......Done deal!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.