• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another new Ranger 2970N3

Really.
As I have said many times before......
nothing new here to look at.
Screwdriver said it in the videos, same radio with a different PA section using a different output device
Ranger, give us something that is really new.
Not just another 2950DX with a different color display and different amp.
I think they must have 5 railroad cars full of the same old main board they been using for a couple years now.
what do you think?

Jeff

Like someone else said in replies to video. Add a Hi-Cut switch at least for the white noise. I suggested a DSP in comments as well.

I wish all rigs could include a DSP just to cut static and get clear audio. But that would defeat all the ClearMountain and other BHI products.

Reactions: Slowmover
Like someone else said in replies to video. Add a Hi-Cut switch at least for the white noise. I suggested a DSP in comments as well.

I wish all rigs could include a DSP just to cut static and get clear audio. But that would defeat all the ClearMountain and other BHI products.

1). WEST MOUNTAIN RADIO CLEAR-SPEAKER $199

2). 225W RM ITALY KL-7505v $185 (180w true)

3). Now add a radio without an amp section of note.

(Or it’s a 2950 with above at $700)

So, if brand-new — when properly-equipped (operator definition) — is above $600, what light-use HAM gear is in that price range?

A MARS-CAP mod 100W Yaesu ft450d is larger/heavier than a 2970, but could be used mobile (see thread) and hits that $ mark. Etc.

Last edited:
Really.
As I have said many times before......
nothing new here to look at.
Screwdriver said it in the videos, same radio with a different PA section using a different output device
Ranger, give us something that is really new.
Not just another 2950DX with a different color display and different amp.
I think they must have 5 railroad cars full of the same old main board they been using for a couple years now.
what do you think?

Jeff

Apparently they're using old covers too. Check out the disclaimer on the bells site.

Screenshot_20200126-201240_Firefox Focus.jpg

Reactions: Red Bull
That scratch and dent disclaimer is how Bell's CYA in getting the discount scratch and dent wholesale price and charge the full price. IMO.
I purposely did not order my 2970N2 from them due to that shady disclaimer and the long lead once ordered.
Clay's in San Antonio has better customer service and techs that don't and won't tune a radio to max distortion. They deal with you directly in a business fashion. They also have a very good system to make sure "you" are the card holder. Got my radio in 4 days, tuned with the spec sheet enclosed.

Sad...

Same old turd.

They've been around long enough and enjoy somewhat favorable name recognition. If they made something nice, it'd probably sell well. 10/11/12 meters and maybe 6 meters. New display with some filtering. Spruce up the CW capability. I'd buy it. Well, as long as they clean up the awful receive hash. I like the platform, always have. It's a sexy radio, but keeps smelling the same.

Attachments

• 2970N3Fig1.jpg
    2970N3Fig1.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 2970N3Fig2.jpg
    2970N3Fig2.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard U812
Wait it gets better,

At least it's very strange...
(And people got "upset" with my Quad 5 Review and it's "DA-KNOB!)

Ok, it's not a spam, but go to this link...
Click on the Picture...upper left corner radio photo...
... pay particular attention to WHAT IS IN THE PHOTO - the radio itself...
It is my guess that N3 never made it...no price either...
They've moved onto N4 now...This is the same radio...only N4

So, who knows?
Wow! Interesting that ad is for a N3....but look at "Da Knob" top left. Andy, quite an outstanding observation of false advertising. (y)

all for the low low price of...
$XXX.xx lol

Bell does a good radio. and turn around isn't that long and he's doesn't tune to max DISTORTION!

i been trying to figure out Clay's sales menu with all his options and filters and talkbacks.
it would be helpful if he listed power outputs. and I don't mean that in a bashing way

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.