• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another Signal generator question

I didn't understand your response, maybe it wasn't directed at me, but that is the point of me starting this thread is to "buy the right equiptment".

Reactions: 3 people
Ebay is a GD haven for rip-offs.....and if you ask them to test the equipment they never reply......I bought one of those heath-kit signal generators and it was way out of alignment and unstable.....also bought a glen vfo that is junk.

The B&K stuff isn't the most expensive nor is it the most accurate that can be found. I got a Hp 8656B for $250, and that is the best one to get. If you can find one for that price that works, it is real lab-grade gear, as they usually sell for twice that much.

But even the B&K will work because it has a calibrated output. The B&K will drift off-freq a bit, but for $150 it will do the job fine once it is warmed up and you modify it so that you can hook up a lab-grade freq counter to it.

Wish I could find one for that price that was in alignment and worked as it should.....all the ones I have looked at on ebay are untested sold as-is.....and most of the sellers of those have neg feedback....probably all of them have been taken out of line in some lab because they had issues and replaced with new ones.....and the old ones sold.

$150 for a BK 2040? forum member zinger wanted $350 for his?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.