• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antena to tower hight.

silvereagle1

May 4, 2012
I am mounting my big Daddy antenna to the mast pole Here is my ? Dose the Elements need to clear the tower or can they be below the tower? With the tower the pole and the Antenna it will be 55' to the tip of the Antenna. Thats a long way in the air or seem's to be. I would like to know what your thought rae .Thanks as always God Bless

My Moonraker 4 has the tips of the elements about 3 feet above the top of the tower. I have seen some antennas with the elements down even with the top of the tower and they owners never really had issues....

I ran my Shooting Star with the vertical elements extending down about 3 feet BELOW the top of my tower and never had an issue. SWR was great and I worked the world with 100 watts max and usually at 25 watts.

Thanks this bad boy will be far enough in the air as it is without adding 12 more feet to it. I did not relize it was as big as it was til i started putting it together. It makes for a sight to see. But i have had a ball doing this Antenna and tower install. Its a lot of work but in the long run i think a tower is the way to go. Well Thanks again to all God Bless. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.