• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

antenna help

Burb1442

May 29, 2017
Hey guys I need help I need a better antenna setup on my Kenworth T880 well I was thinking of running a sirio performer 5K, new coax, 90 degree stud mount running it as a single phase antenna and running a stryker sr 447hpc2 and my ranger rsa 198 mic but here are a few photos to help everyone out any ideas? I drive tanker all day talking to the terminals with a 15' height restriction max but 13' feet is more practicle without smashing out lights or touching loading arms covered in asphalt. I have photos but I cant seem to upload them

Attachments

• IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

Around here, folks sometimes hit that point of marginal returns. They'll put way too much effort into way too little benefit.

That Sirio 5K is a great antenna. It ain't the cheapest, but you get plenty of bang for the buck. Its straightforward design and setup will save you lots of headaches and give you years of very respectable performance.

I'd go for it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.