• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna ID heeeeelp

bcrewcaptain

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 6, 2005
Central Va
Can't find a pic of this anywhere online to be able to ID, somebody hook a brotha up!
My old man rescued this from a soon to be demo'ed house.
All I know is...was put in sometime in late 80s...is 16ft long from base to tip...two piece....integrated mount...and covered in some ugly friggin paint.

a couple pics as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4546_zpsb9e0538e.jpg
    IMG_4546_zpsb9e0538e.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4547_zpsfcefe436.jpg
    IMG_4547_zpsfcefe436.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4548_zpsa7f62533.jpg
    IMG_4548_zpsa7f62533.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 9

My Radio Shack end fed 1/2 wave big stick was blue. Hurricane Hugo rearranged it for me and I gave it to someone. Cracked but kinda salvageable
It was rated at 3 DB gain. Dbi?

Last edited:
Old RadioShack Cross Bow antenna?? Maybe.
And Hello B-Crew, long time no see.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, long time it has been! Sold all my radio gear a while back, but then for some reason I went and got my ticket, now I'm back in the radio game...
I'm looking at the RS info now to see if it a match.

My Radio Shack end fed 1/2 wave big stick was blue. Hurricane Hugo rearranged it for me and I gave it to someone. Cracked but kinda salvageable
It was rated at 3 DB gain. Dbi?

That's what I'm seeing if it is the same model, I was figuring that odd base on the second section would be a giveaway to somebody. But it def appears the thing was a funky powder blue color at some point!
Debating at this point if I want to invest too much effort in it....but hey, the $ was right!

yep an old crossbow from radio shack,, had one once it was fried from too much wattage,, so i ended up useing it for a antenna pole for my 2meter and 70cm antennas without the whip from top...been up in the air about 15 years now,,, 73s midnight special

"...but hey, the $ was right! ..."

That's one'a them 'bargains', right? How can you go wrong?
Hey, we've all done that so I won't ask if you are blond...
- 'Doc

haha, it came in the package when I went to get 2 freebie tv antennas/2 rotors and 2 tripods. I got the parts I needed for a couple HF beams, and well..I guess I get another 11M antenna in the process...trust me, everything I get is in that price range...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.