• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Picking Up Noise

H

hossless

BNT, please explain exactly how you made this rf choke and installed it.

Thanks, Hossless

</p>

BNT, you say this eliminated the noise coming in through your antenna? Man, if this is the case, I'm gonna' "git 'er done"

Thanks, Hossless

</p>

Putting several Torroid snap on chokes around the coax at the feedpoint will do the same thing. You may need several, but it's quicker if that's where the problem is

Moleculo

</p>

I'm gonna' try the choke in the pickup and see if I get any noise reduction, couldn't hurt. If it works, I'll go for it in the big trucks.

Hossless

</p>

My antenna is picking up noise in my Freightliner and I can't find the source. It only happens when the ignition is in the ON position, not the Accessory position.

It's not the fuel pump because my fuel pump is mechanical not electronic.

No Qualcomm, so it's not that.

I did change out my ECM so it could be that. I grounded the ECM to the frame and that did not help.

I just can't figure it out. Help!

Galaxy DX44V

Galaxy DX73V

Ranger 2950

Gray 300 AB Biased

2X4 HomeBrew

RK 56 Astatic 636L

MonkeyMade Antenna

Stargun Antenna

140 Leece Neville

4X750 Batteries

</p>

It IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS a Ford and it is MUCKING NOISYYYYY!

I have grounded up the ying yang (helped quite a bit). Almost every bit of the noise is coming in through the antenna, mainly from the internal fuel pump.

Hossless

</p>

Putting several Torroid snap on chokes around the coax at the feedpoint will do the same thing. You may need several, but it's quicker if that's where the problem is

Moleculo

</p>
Feedpoint work will completly change the characteristics of the antenna. Finding the noise and eliminate it is better.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.