• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna question

I have installed MANY (100's) Larson antennas for the commercial market. They are a great antenna! Don't run a very large amplifier with this antenna though! You will enjoy the Larson and the mount will allow you to hook up all kinds of different antennas!

I run a Wilson 1000 for CB though. What does that tell you?

Well I done a little test today

I was driving south on the 400 and a truck was driving north

I cleared my odometer as soon as he passed me then made contact and continued to talk for as long as we could

It was 4 kilometres on my car, so double that for an approximate distance of 8 kilometres

Not bad for a stock set up lol

Joe,

Good to see a fellow Canadian.

Who did your install? or did you do it yourself.

Thinking of getting the Uniden 68 and wilson 1000 myself, within the next week or so. Well I will be going with the 1000 for sure but not 100% about the uniden. I have heard that the Dynamic Squelch is pretty much useless....not sure, may go for a smaller radio as long as it has RF Gain, mabey a Cobra 19DX4. Did you get the radio peaked and tuned? Don't know bugger all about CB's so just trying to figure everything out.

Cheers

Kevin said:
Joe,

Good to see a fellow Canadian.

Who did your install? or did you do it yourself.

Thinking of getting the Uniden 68 and wilson 1000 myself, within the next week or so. Well I will be going with the 1000 for sure but not 100% about the uniden. I have heard that the Dynamic Squelch is pretty much useless....not sure, may go for a smaller radio as long as it has RF Gain, mabey a Cobra 19DX4. Did you get the radio peaked and tuned? Don't know bugger all about CB's so just trying to figure everything out.

Cheers

Hello Keven

I just installed it myself, and tuned the antenna with my Fathers SWR meter, very easy to do.

The Uniden is standard, no tweaks at all, and the the dynamic squelch works just fine on this radio

An all around great radio and I would recomend it

Very Very happy with the Larson antenna, it gets me about 5 miles out, thats just fine with me

the larson is okay, much better than the little wil but next to a 102 or one of the big dogs (10k, coily, monkey made) the 1000/5000 is worth every penny worked all over the world with my 11yr. old 1000. and i got it used.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.