• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna recommendations

weknowlawns31

Dec 29, 2010
Alright I have all my radios kenwood tk880's and tk8180's now I am looking for good antennas for these units. Can anyone recommend a good antenna and a good place to purchase my antennas. Thanks again for all of your help!

Most common and very reliable would be Larsen nmo mount stuff. What frequency are you going to be using?

Can I put the larsens on a magnet mount and get good reception? I go threw a lot of vehicles and want to make it as easy as possible to swap them out as needed

Need much more information than that. I saw your question about magnet mounts as well and yes you can do that but again I can't help you anymore at all without full details of what you decided to do.

Even the antenna of choice is going to require a lot more information than 400's.

reapter/no repeater, distance, blah blah blah

Wait a minute, you are the guy that was trying to buy some a while back on ebay. Did you contact a frequency coordinator and do this correctly?

we are running off a repeater I will have to check with him for the exact freq. I found a local guy that has a repeater that is within 3 miles from our shop he has his antenna on a cell phone tower there with a battery back up. Once we get our feet wet a little more I may look into branching out and getting our own freq and tower but for now this will get us going. I am looking to get the best coverage possible I think you said on another post its all about the antenna. Thanks again for your help

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.