• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna rotor

good old fashioned store, call to order still.they have a hy-gain 35 rotor at a good price, but would have to consider shipping

G-450A YAESU G450A 10 SQ FT ROTOR (rlham.com)

You get what you pay for...$150 every 4-5 years for (Light Duty/TV) rotor with no brake. Constantly requiring calibration, rocks back and forth in anything above a 10-mph wind (causes signal distortion). Just made zero since to me anymore.
I have a $160, NEW Winegard 70 element antenna (15+ft. boom) to receive stations 35+ miles away. These stations, some of which are LP-DTV require every DB of signal to receive. The power reduction of the standard DTV channels since the changeover from analog makes it difficult from that distance to hold and lock the signal.
I got tired of dealing with junk rotors on the tower.
I installed 25 ft. Rohn 25G, with about 10ft of mast, mounted the new antenna at top (maybe 30+ feet). I also added a mast mounted pre-amp. I used the Yaesu rotor mounted on plate about 2 feet below top of tower. I get 60+ stations (about 45+ usable) (removing the religious and shopping stations:ROFLMAO::mad:)
I finally realized the futility of trying to "do it" on the cheap.
I recommend this rotor for ANY beam antenna 3 element and larger (HF/CB type) or any TV antenna with a boom (8ft.) or panel style larger than 2-3 ft across.
(Any antenna w 2.5 Sq. ft or larger wind load)

I will be replacing the 11-year-old 50-inch SONY XBR (atsc1.0 tuner) soon now that the locals have went to atsc 3.0 broadcasting (TRUE UHD).

ATSC 3.0: Everything You Need to Know About Broadcast TV's Next Big Thing | Digital Trends

Good luck with those "cheap rotors" made in CHINA (I think one Chinese company makes every brand now... (RCA/Channel Master/Philips etc.)
All the Best
Gary

Well I ordered my rotor from Walmart on 1-1-22 and received it today on 1-4-22. Can't get over how fast it came. It probably would handle a small radio beam antenna. It's going to turn 2 large 8 bow tie antennas for me but they will be in the house out of the wind.
How strong will the signal be with the antennas inside?

How strong will the signal be with the antennas inside?
While being in the house may cut the signal somewhat it is in a upstairs closet facing down thru the valley where the signal comes from and at one time I received about 25 channels because of my elevation. Some in this valley receive no TV signal so they are stuck with cable TV. When I was younger my antenna was on the peak of the house but #1 I don't like walking on my roof, #2 I don't have to worry about Lightening or Wind. And Like I say TV isn't that important to me as radio and computer occupy most of my time except for a couple hrs. before bed. With my rotor I might pick up a few more channels which gives better selection. I'll be the first to admit you don't get premium channels over the air so more selection is important. PS. A good signal booster works wonders. I grew up on Fuzzy & Wavy TV and that was better than Nothing !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.