• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

antenna sale choice ??

B

BOOTY MONSTER

i think im gonna pull the trigger and get one of these sirio antennas . its only gonna be on a 10 foot mast to start with :( , but it is what it is .
maybe someday ............................................ ;)
im not sure if ill use the texas star 500 or the ab/filtered 225 behind the radio . id like to do the 500 but a proper power supply co$t twice what i can get one for the 225 . like most , my money is very tight .
also , i dont have room for 8 foot verticle grounds so a V/58 or 5000 isnt an option . i can probally add 3 or 4 sloping grounds .

anyway . H&Y has the GPS 27 1/2 for $32 and the Sirio-Star 27 for $35 . both + S&H .
GPS 27 1/2 Web Special-Amps, CB Radios, Maco, Antennas, Meters, Coax, Mics
Sirio-Star 27 Web Special-Amps, CB Radios, Maco, Antennas, Meters, Coax, Mics
sirio's site Sirio Antenne - Antenne Base

i know they arnt the strongest built but i can take it down in a hurricane (theres usually plenty or warning) so it isnt needlessly destroyed .

i like the tuning ring/square/coil on the sirio-star and was suprised it only handled 600 watts . i wondering if it is less lossy or has any real advantage over a typical coil .

the GPS 27 1/2 on the is rated for 750 watts . has a typical coil and is 21 inches taller , almost 2 feet . its coil is also at the bottom of the radiator . height is might ?
both of them are easy to add 108 inch wires for better ground plane . thanks for the spiderplane idea bob85 . im guessing itll help either antenna .

they got a bandit 2 for a similar price but i dont want fiberglass with a lil wire inside .
im leaning twoards the GPS 27 1/2 , what do y'all think ?

Last edited by a moderator:

booty, of the two i would go with the sy27,
theres an old saying that the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, trust me it isn't,
what your asking is like asking a guy if he preferes a poke in the eye or a kick in the nuts,
i dont know what a a99 costs over there but i would hold out for one of those or better still a used imax, isolate it from the pole and add wire radials or a spiderplane,
if you are mounting it low and intend taking it down in the wind i would get the astroplane copy,

good luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: