• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna score 8-)

Slim

Apr 2, 2005
land of the worthless nut
Huge score I got the other night. Picked up a new in the box Cushcraft 13B2 for $80.oo !!! After I told the XYL what they cost new she decided she wasnt so mad @ me :cool: Ha Ha. Must be from the early 80's tho as it has a price tag on it stating $109.95. Shame they aren't that affordable these days! Now for the warmer weather to return here in Ohio so I can get er up on the tower & have some fun with it. Just wanted to share my good fortune :cool:
73's.Slim. Chris. W8CDF

P.S.
Also got another item but thats under the CB ant section.

That's a great deal. If I remember I paid around $130 in the early 90's.

I can still remember assembling it on the family room floor. (Single and unmarried days).

I ran a pair of 13b2's @ 120' when I lived in Louisiana. Here in Bama they were up 50' and still very strong. I am selling my 2, 13b2 and going to try a pair of 2m12 m2. Luv those antennas. You got a great deal.

Proven point Chris...Antennas put up in the worst or bad antenna conditions ALWAYS work better than the ones put up when it's 70 degrees and Sunny!

Get 20ft of pipe and put her up...Armstrong rotor till spring...
Come -on Chris it's Prime antenna weather!
I am building a W8JK wire beam for 75m now...it will go up next week!
All the Best
BJ

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.