• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna setup on Chrysler LeBaron convertible

ebayguy

Dak IV & Galaxy DX-88HL
Oct 18, 2011
Potomac, MD
Ok guys, I am back with more stupid questions. I am almost ready to get my LeBaron painted, so its now, or never! I have a 1990 Chrysler LeBaron convertible. I am running a Galaxy 88HL, Boomer Deluxe 400HD, with a Browning BR-78(I think), and a Tram tri-magnet mount. It's positioned just behind the third brake light on the trunk lid. It has approx 10" shaft between the coil and mount, and stock coax.

Question 1, Should I drill a hole in the trunk, under the mount, and use the left over Jeffa-Tech LL400 coax?

Question 2, Without a metal roof, do I need the shaft between the coil and mount?

Question 3, Would a longer, or shorter shaft help with SWR's? My SWR's aren't high, around 1.3/1 match, but I have had better. Had a Wilson 5K thru the roof, mounted on '84 Jeep Cherokee, and the SWR meter didn't move, on any channel, but channel 1. It barely moved a hair.

Also, I picked up a Cobra 2000 from an Old Timer. (no pun intended) It ROCKS! Should I waste my time/money on my Saturn non-Turbo, or just sell it?
Thanks for all help, and as always 73s to all.

Lenny

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.