• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Suggestions

Hello all,

I am in need of an upgraded mobile antenna for my rig. I will be running a Cobra 29LX into a Texas Star 399 and am looking into an antenna that will handle the power. My grandad suggested a Wilson 1000 as an industry standard but I would like to get yalls opinions on what yall run. I have a 2013 Toyota Tundra and am looking at a mag mount right now as I just can't bring myself to drill into a new truck.

Thanks

Tank

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

But that's what your new truck really wants. It wants you to drill that hole. It needs it and, let's face it, you ARE going to do it eventually, so why not get it over with and be happy? :D

I just bought a Sirio Performer through HY Electronics without a problem...

One thing to keep in mind that (at least with the Wilsons) running power through a mag mount might cause the paint to bubble...I've done it to two different trucks.

Drilling that first hole is painful, but well worth it...I drilled my 2004 about four months after buying it, drilled this 2012 at less than a week old. There is a notable difference in performance between a hard mount and mag mount.

I just bought a Sirio Performer through HY Electronics without a problem...

One thing to keep in mind that (at least with the Wilsons) running power through a mag mount might cause the paint to bubble...I've done it to two different trucks.

Drilling that first hole is painful, but well worth it...I drilled my 2004 about four months after buying it, drilled this 2012 at less than a week old. There is a notable difference in performance between a hard mount and mag mount.

Running power through a magnet mount might cause the paint to bubble? That is absurd.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated