• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Antenna suggestions

144inBama

Apr 22, 2020
Lower Alabama
Thanks to Zeta, my Wilson 1K was reduced to scrap metal and plastic by an unseen, low hanging, dead, power line. What do you suggest as a replacement? It needs/has to be a mag mount, needs to handle at least 2K watts (P.E.P.) and needs a magnet that will permanently distort the molecular structure of the metal before it breaks loose. I liked the 1K because I was able to tune it so nicely and it handled the power well, but the magnet sucked homeless balls as it's been knocked off a few times in the past. I would like a bottom load with a whip under 50" (if possible). I've been reading the post here (somewhat helpful) and reviews online (man are there some idiots out here) about antenna makes but haven't really seen what I'm looking for as far as "reassurance" it's what I need. So what do you suggest with the above criteria?.

I had a big old triple magnet on my F150 for a few years. The thing hung on tight and kind of did a little bit of cab crushing up on top because of hitting limbs and whatnot. I could not go through a drive-thru Bank though and had to watch to drive through restaurants hangovers

I bought a Wilson 2K and a cheap mag mount just to get back going. SWRs are 1.2. Made contact with Bermuda with it, 1st time in forever.

I like this because my old 1K will work on it.

I had a big old triple magnet on my F150 for a few years. The thing hung on tight and kind of did a little bit of cab crushing up on top because of hitting limbs and whatnot. I could not go through a drive-thru Bank though and had to watch to drive through restaurants hangovers
I didn't really think about and lord knows I'm always hitting limbs around here.

I am having good results with my Sirio Performer 5k. It’s longer (72”) than what your looking for but it does fold down nicely! Also the mag mount (pl145) is wide, about 6”, where it’s pretty secure up there. I should have gone with this from the get go!!

The folding option might do the trick, I kinda like that.

I am having good results with my Sirio Performer 5k. It’s longer (72”) than what your looking for but it does fold down nicely! Also the mag mount (pl145) is wide, about 6”, where it’s pretty secure up there. I should have gone with this from the get go!!
I have the same antenna and mag mount. Works very well for me too.

I picked one up a few weeks ago, debating on custom bracket or mag mount. How's it working on the fold down mag mount ? What brand fold down ?

Reactions: ForestRunner98
I picked one up a few weeks ago, debating on custom bracket or mag mount. How's it working on the fold down mag mount ? What brand fold down ?

The Sirio 145PL mag mount is working fine. Doesn’t move at 65mph so that’s good. Put some silicone around the gasket on the base of antenna. Water WILL get in without it.

About to order a Breedlove mount. He doesn’t make a S0239 to ring terminal anymore. So since there is not much room under the headliner I am most likely going with the NMO to ring terminal. Already received the NMO to S0239 adaptor.

9EB8AD98-3BE4-4AAE-8A7A-9ECD27A9B20A.jpeg

Reactions: Slowmover and cralt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.