• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antennas

avcat,
Ford, Chevy, Dodge, whatever, makes absolutely no difference. The amount of metal in the 'upper' parts of the thing may, but I kinda doubt that too.
- 'Doc

avcat,
I can certainly understand that it depends on the 'size' of the antenna, and the thickness of the sheet metal, but sometimes a 'backing' plate or washer can make a big difference. Oh well...
- 'Doc

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
avcat said:
Cheech,
No cops here, but necks alittle red :oops: Just need to know
about how many antennas I can put on my truck 8)

Depends on your truck..2 would be the limit for any kind of useable phasing,,but that also depends on your frequency and how you were to phase them,,just stick one up top in the middle..usally will do the trick! Some guys like to cophase 2 antenna on the mirrors across the truck,and some like to put them on one in front and one in back,,but remember to try and get at-least 8 feet in between them or they will have a phasing overlap and tuning issues....73sss Dan

antenna

Id go with the ford more room in the cab for radio's but id also run dual band or tri band antennas I live so far out in the boonies i got a dual band cell phone antenna ,a business radio antenna ,cb radio antenna ,scanner antenna, mobile repeater dual band 2m/440 antenna my truck looks like an antenna farm

Chech,
I know mrcoily is correct on his information. On the car I have
the antenna is mounted in the center of the roof as he
suggested.
Only thing is, I don't have any radios in my truck yet.
351_Bear is suggesting that mabe a ford would be best, same
thing the guy up the hollow said. :?

I run a F350 C/C and from front to back this is the antenna line up

Comet 2m/440
AS Dualband cell phone
Comet 802.11b/g
Antennex 2m stealth (APRS)
Terk XM antenna
external GPS

and in the back corner of the bed,

9ft of vertical antenna with DX engineering hot rods. (fed thru a SGC-237 coupler and covers 3.5-60Mhz. If I put the rest of the rods up or the inverted L clip on, I can go 1.8-60Mhz)

The antenna setup on the cab took some organizing because of distance separation for the different bands. So far, no interference.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.