• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

antron99

novakor

Apr 5, 2005
Reno,Nevada
Hello fellas,
I have and use an antron99 thru my back up rig/with tuner,since i already have 2 wire antennas for my main HF rig. It is tuned for 27.405mhz how much is trimmed off top section to tune for 28.400mhz approximatly? I'm guessing around 6 inches. Any ideas?

Last edited:

thr A99 is a variable, mutual transductance tuned antenna. to operate it at a higher frequency you simply need to decrease the amount of inductive loading by adjusting the tuning rings at the base of the antenna in the proper direction. no "cutting" is required.

Free is right.There is two rings at the bottom of the 99 in the threaded area that will allow you to tune to the desired frequency.Just raise the rings towards the top of the antenna .

There is actually a pair of rings, so you can "lock" the ring in place.

The chart that came with my old A99 lists it as a 67" top section from the factory. For 28.372, they show length of 56"; for 28.468, they show 55". This is from the original Antron (one T) Co., circa 1989. They also state "do not move the rings".

Personally, I know of no one around here ever cutting one specifically for 10M. Just my $.02.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.