• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any good Techs for 2x4-1000 amps in Fla?

videorov

Aug 24, 2008
I have two amps that are 2x4-1000 and they need a few upgrades.
Just wonder if there are any good techs that have worked on these types of amps here on the west coast of Fla.

More than likely,it'll be better to just shippem both to one of the techs and get it done that way.Thats what I do and I send mine to Adam at AM Power in Illinois.He,s an amp builder but also does repairs and is very fair in his prices.If youd like more info than that,feel free to give me a call at 619-977-5672,Kevin

Adam? Adam from AM Power? The same Adam that had problems building a 4 pill amp? You think he could work on a tube amp containing a pair of 4-1000's,the king of glass tubes? :w00t::LOL::laugh:

These amps are way to heavy to ship.

The power supplies are very very large and heavy.
Has to be someone in Florida.

Adam? Adam from AM Power? The same Adam that had problems building a 4 pill amp? You think he could work on a tube amp containing a pair of 4-1000's,the king of glass tubes? :w00t::LOL::laugh:

My bad there QRN,After a second look at that and realizing that it means 2x4-1000,Im feeling pretty dumb to say the least.I was wrong and please disregard my post.As far as the Adam bashing,I have had 2 of his boxes and still going strong.!!!!No more needs to be said!!Not into the B.S.

To be honest Kevin I'm not into the B.S. either but I just HAD to say that. (y) I kind of figured you misread the 4-1000 but when opportunity knocked I had to open the door. (y)

4-1000

I have two amps that are 2x4-1000 and they need a few upgrades.
Just wonder if there are any good techs that have worked on these types of amps here on the west coast of Fla.

When do you need to have done.......You say upgrades....What type of upgrades? Im sure I can help you out!

there is a fellow by the handle ghost rider in fla darrell thompson my understanding builds large tube boxes and does good work. (never had nothin done myself) as i do my own work. but heard many good reports on the ghost rider specials as they are called i dont have his ph# with me but i can get if u need

Yes Im in Florida and need my 2x4-1000 amps gone over

Where is he located and do you have a phone number?
Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.