• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any pointers?

Cody Dixson

May 3, 2020
Ran across a 30 year old tower that is priced right imo. Comes with a beam, what I'm wondering is what to look for, is it worth refinishing and putting back up? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Cody D.

Screenshot_20210916-094122~2.png
Screenshot_20210916-094137~2.png
not the best picture s but the only ones I have ATM

Reactions: S&W357
Yes Cody: Looks like "25G" style.
OK...What are your plans on getting it down???
Look as if maybe a tilt base. That said that is a ton of weight...Tower/Rotor/Antenna(s)/feedline etc.
Looks like fair to good condition. Appears from pictures to have some rust, would expect that.
Cody, if it does not have any pins holes or splits then at least 40 ft or so would be worth the trouble.
Used Price on true ROHN 25G is $50 - $100 per section, that being said age wise that tower would be toward the low end.
New Tilt Base cost you about $250 for a GOOD ONE, with base plate/j-bolts for concrete/nuts/washers etc.

@BJ radionut I was told the current owner would bring it down. I'll have a better idea of what shape it's in when I get eyes on it. 150 bucks isn't too much for this right? This might be the start of my tower adventure! Lol

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Yes Cody, I would say $150 very acceptable.
Well check it out, once it is down.
If that was mine. I'd be thinking of making a 5 Element long boom 10m antenna...
out of that "Thing" at the top.:whistle:
Maybe have enuf parts left over, to add like 4 element Wide Space for 6 meters on bottom of boom!!!!

Good Luck... Hope it works out for you!
All the Best
Gary

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?