• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Reason why you should build the doubler/rectifier on top of the Caps?

old 813 homebrew Amp

If you look at this photo you can see the diodes on top of the caps. You will also see two MOT as the power source. This was not the images I saw before I just accidentally found this just now.

Another accidental find where we have components stacked on top of caps.4-1000A Homebrew Amplifier

The first link shows voltage equalizing resistors across the caps. The second picture shows a separate plexiglass board with the rectifiers mounted above the filter caps. The rectifier board consists of several series diodes with a resistor for voltage equalizing and a disc capacitor for surge suppression across each diode.

As for microwave ovens not using electrolytics, 339 is right. Both you and he were talking about the HV filter. In a microwave oven the typical filter cap is only 1 microfarad at best and is not necessarily electrolytic. The filters in a microwave oven are very poor and the power supply is dirty.

Well Unit_399 I would say you are foolish because you think you know it all which is the quickest way to look like you know nothing when you think you know it all! I learned that lesson when I was 8 years old. So I would learn to keep ones mind more open to being shocked by what you think you know not always being accurate!I on the other hand assume I know nothing and that todays facts are tomorrows fiction

Cascade Voltage Multiplier 30kV false hoods.

Here if you decide you are able to learn new tricks unlike some old dogs check it out! Due take note of the diodes directly on top of the caps. Also how do you figure that Microwave do not use electrolytic caps??? Their are all kinds of electrolytics inside a microwave oven.

I need to build one of these. i have squirrels that raid my bird feeders.LOL

K3CFC

Who needs a Frankenstein build like that? I'll just use my 6400 volt @ 500mA transformer. That thing just plain scares me. Then again it almost sent me to the Promised Land once so I tend to be gun-shy around it. I suppose it would be enough to send a small furry woodlands creature to that big nut tree in the sky.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated