• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Thoughts on the 757 amps?

The data sheets on these finals does not lie. The only way you get those kinda numbers is drive the snot out of it and bump up voltage. 800-1000 is overmodulated overdriven grabage watts that excite the watt meter into showing a big number. I bet the neighbors three houses in every direction are impressed too.
The trick is to have the radio up front spew out the garbage. Bird meters are only accurate reading a steady signal such as CW. Modulated signals with these radios and reading with a Bird peak kit can make these snake oil salesmen appear to be gods.

I've read several people on Facebook radio forums talking about the poor quality, poor shipping( arrive damaged)and that 757 blocks them when they complain, want a refund, or just want the amp fixed and working properly like they paid for ! Apparently once the amps are shipped he washes his hands of them whether they arrive damaged or whether they work or not, once he gets your money you're dead to him !

I've read several people on Facebook radio forums talking about the poor quality, poor shipping( arrive damaged)and that 757 blocks them when they complain, want a refund, or just want the amp fixed and working properly like they paid for ! Apparently once the amps are shipped he washes his hands of them whether they arrive damaged or whether they work or not, once he gets your money you're dead to him !
He's the same way with ham gear. I bought a Ten-Tec Centurion amp from him. It was supposed to have "fresh" tubes and be working perfectly. When it arrived, I found the "fresh" tubes were 18.5 years old. The amp itself is non-functional. When I complained to Nick he accused me of being a "part swapper" and said he was done with the transaction. He is not an honest person.

I see now where Nick Strong AKA 757 amps is now being investigated by the Co. attorney general, yep his time is near !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.