• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Thoughts on the 757 amps?

I guess I will run our radios at minimal power keeping them nice & cool. :cool:

In all these professional opinions out here a 200Amp PS can run 12 HG2879's w/ plenty of headroom correct?

Reading through all this - I am GUESSING that many of you are talking Bird Watts or RMS whereas these amp builders are talking and showing PEP watts. So I can tell you I am getting 400 watts out of my 4 pill but I am talking RMS or Average watts or I can say I am getting close to 1000 watts but I am talking PEP watts. Both are true statements, just not clarified so you don't get all the information needed to make an informed decision.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong as I am sure you all have more knowledge than I in this arena but we do all have to be speaking the same language or same measurement system.

With that said, I have seen and talked on 757 Amps and all I can say is that they are very clean builds and seem to work very well. no testing or anything and just my very humble opinion.

Reading through all this - I am GUESSING that many of you are talking Bird Watts or RMS whereas these amp builders are talking and showing PEP watts. So I can tell you I am getting 400 watts out of my 4 pill but I am talking RMS or Average watts or I can say I am getting close to 1000 watts but I am talking PEP watts. Both are true statements, just not clarified so you don't get all the information needed to make an informed decision.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong as I am sure you all have more knowledge than I in this arena but we do all have to be speaking the same language or same measurement system.

With that said, I have seen and talked on 757 Amps and all I can say is that they are very clean builds and seem to work very well. no testing or anything and just my very humble opinion.

Well, my DX-500V, being driven with 35 to 50 pep will do about 500 watts with the meter in average mode in SSB, and shows between 600 and 700 with the meter in pep mode. Use the peak/hold mode, it shows about 800 + or -... I have spoken to a few members here and they have stated that my rig sounds good.

If you search “757 Boulder Built” he seems to have a Facebook profile. May be able to do so there.
Junk The boards crack during shipping
He ripped off and old man in Buffalo for $1600 Had to send it back 3 times and it's still junk. He thinks all the boxes shipped from the west coast to the east coast stay up side up. What a fool. His amps do not ship well. That's his failure.
STAY CLEAR !!!!!!!

Junk The boards crack during shipping
He ripped off and old man in Buffalo for $1600 Had to send it back 3 times and it's still junk. He thinks all the boxes shipped from the west coast to the east coast stay up side up. What a fool. His amps do not ship well. That's his failure.
STAY CLEAR !!!!!!!
Yep, they're so bad you can't even pump any 111111111111111111111's into them :LOL:

Reactions: RCIGuy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.