• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Yaseu FT-450D export radio users?

jdobbs2001

Mar 20, 2012
For 679 dollars it seems like a super nobrainer? I ordered one for my shack. looking forward to running it through its paces.

Lets see. 679 bucks you get FM (IC-7200 does not do FM) with tone squelch, IF DSP, 10khz roofing filter, 100w pep and an antenna tuner! Final note, unit has a TXCO 0.5PPM which means rock solid stable transmit.

Sounds like a lot of features for prices that are just a tad higher then the higher end export radios that are nowhere in the league of this radio in terms of features etc..

Last edited:

It's a better ssb rig than any export will ever be. What is the maximum transmit bandwidth of that radio? My ftdx-1200 will go to 4khz. Most cbers that are disappointed with HF rigs were trying to use them on AM. Either the bandwidth is too restricted or they were expecting to have the over modulated AM audio they were getting out of their Galaxy.

It's a better ssb rig than any export will ever be. What is the maximum transmit bandwidth of that radio? My ftdx-1200 will go to 4khz. Most cbers that are disappointed with HF rigs were trying to use them on AM. Either the bandwidth is too restricted or they were expecting to have the over modulated AM audio they were getting out of their Galaxy.

I like the fact that I am transmitting a clean AM signal VS splattering across 3-4 channels. But I have been getting reports on great AM on my IC-7200 and IC-7410 export rigs. :)

I am going to evaluate the 450D for FM with tone squelch, if it works out well A whole bunch of 450Ds will get used down south of the border (30 radios) to replace aging radios.

In a heavy urban area the IC-7200 has no problem getting out 7-8 miles between two mobiles, (Have not tested farther than that) I find that impressive since usually UHF is touted for superior Urban use. Yet 27Mhz makes the trip no problem.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
i bought one as a spare in case my kenwood goes down. its still new in the box. only thats been done it the 11 meter mod.

Wow the 450Ds are sold out everywhere! Looks like a backorder of 7 to 14 days. Looks like the pricepoint is a no brainer and its selling like hotcakes.

Its tough to beat, you get a complete turnkey package with even the tuner included to help flatten down the SWR on your antenna You wont find any traditional export radio that offers what the 450D does at the pricepoint. Including the 300-400 dollar rigs. (unless you want rogerbeeps etc)

There are tons of Lowband business use-case down in South America but all the big vendors have abandoned the band and the 450D (FM/CTCSS) is a great replacement for aging Motorola Micors and Maxtrac's etc..

There is a guy in New Jersey about 35 miles from me who has one. Sounds great on 11m ssb never asked to hear it on AM. was using the stock mic and now has the yaesu desk mic MD-100A8X Both mics sound great.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.