• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anybody know what kind this is ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
The 3 on the right go on the bottom for the ground plane ? thanks .
im0013014bb.jpg

It's a scanner antenna like Radio Shack used to sell.The three vertical elements were meant for VHF Lowband, VHF High band, and UHF. I had one just like it many,many years ago.

thanks alot QRN ......I had no idea ,I was first thinking Ham maybe ? Scanner huh ...Hmmmm ,interesting, So it's basically just for listening purposes ? Thanks again

It is basically just for receiving but you may see a decent SWR on the VHF frequencies somewhere.i would not put much more than 25 or 30 watts into it however even if the SWR was good.It does not have the best insulators separating the vertical elements.

thanks again for the info ,this will work out just fine for my buddy ,he had picked it up at a yard sale , he had started to clean it up really nice , he's into scanners as well so he will more then likely throw it up on his shack and give it a try.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.